- Information You Provide
When you sign up for our service, we will ask you to provide contact information (including personally identifiable information) such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and payment information such as credit card number and expiration date.
We may ask you to complete user surveys, and to provide certain demographic information, such as age, gender, special interests, etc. You do not have to provide this type of information to use our service if you do not want to. However, we encourage our Users to participate in these surveys because your survey answers provide us with important information that helps us improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
If you contact us for customer support, we may also ask you for information about your operating system, software and other technical matters in order to better help you with the issues you may be experiencing.
When you visit our Website we will capture your IP Address, the platform or type of machine you are utilizing to visit our Website, the time of and duration of your visit, and how you utilize our Website (including the links you click and how you originally visited our Website). We may tie this information to the personally identifiable information we have about you.
When you visit our Website, we will also place a cookie that will identify you to us as a repeat visitor or a customer. See “What is a Cookie” below. We may tie this cookie to the personally identifiable information we have about you.
Finally, if we send you an e-mail, we may include a marker that will allow us to identify e-mail that is opened and viewed.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- The information collected from Users is used to manage each User’s account (such as for billing and account management purposes) and to promote other products or services that we believe may be of interest to the Subscriber.
- To provide customer support.
- To announce special offers or provide other information from time to time via e-mail. We may also send e-mail announcing special offers by our third parties, but we will not provide the third parties with your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you may opt out of future e-mails at any time by following the instructions included in the e-mail.
- We use information gathered from our Website for analytics (for example, User IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer and optimize our Website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our Website and make your browsing and purchasing experience more responsive, efficient, or enjoyable. Any statistics gathered by us are proprietary property of the Host Legal.
- To improve our service and the marketing of our service. For example, we may use the information we gather from user surveys, demographic data, and Website visits to help us improve or target our Website and customize your visit.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:
- In response to governmental or legal requests (such as to a subpoena, search warrant, or court order), or as otherwise required to comply with applicable laws. We may also disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against a party that threatens us, our systems or our Users (for example, to prevent a Distributed Denial of Service, or DDoS, attack);
- If Sphere48 is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or use of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential. You hereby release us from all liability arising from the sharing of such information, including any action or inaction our vendor takes;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, or
- As otherwise needed to protect or enforce or rights or the rights of others.
We absolutely do not transfer or sell your information for inclusion on third party e-mail or other marketing lists.
- Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will be aggregated and or made anonymous and will not identify you personally.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information.
We allow you to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information we have in our custody or control by accessing your personal profile in your account or by contacting us via email, phone or online chat. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity before altering or amending any of your personal information stored by us.
To ensure you receive the information you need to manage your account and protect your privacy, please be sure to keep your contact and billing information up to date. You can update all account-related information directly through your “My Account” link on the Website, Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is a Cookie
A “cookie” is an alphanumeric identifier that is unique to your browser. In other words, they are small pieces of text used to store information about web browsers. The cookie will identify your browser to us when you visit our web site so that we may customize your visit, improve your experience, and improve the security of out Website. While the type of “cookie” we use may change over time, all cookies will generally allow us authenticate your account when you visit our Website, help keep your account and our Website secure, and provide us additional information about you and your visits to our Website.
- Security of Your Information
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to protect your information that is in our control. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your information. Unfortunately, no data storage or transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information in transit and as stored on our systems or the systems of our third party service providers, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite our best efforts. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Password. Your online access to your account and our website must be protected with a password, selected by you. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
- Children’s Privacy
This Website and our services are not directed towards children and we do not seek to collect any personal information from children. If we become aware that personal information from a child under the age of 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
- Revisions To This Policy
- Contact Us Regarding This Policy